We are seeking an experienced Private Client Secretary to work as part of our client’s dynamic and growing team in Milton Keynes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing senior members of the department with support and assistance as necessary-primarily in all areas of Private Client work including Probate, Wills, Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney, administration of Estates, Court of Protection work, etc., subject to appropriate training
- Completion of dictation, preparing documentation
- Assisting fee earners to process legal work – attending client meetings, completing file notes, file opening, initial client compliance checks, preparation of client care letters and draft wills, completion of Lasting Powers of Attorney and general administration
- Dealing with the administration of probate work, coordinating collection of assets/identifying liabilities, preparation of oaths and applications for grants
- Dealing with all anti-money laundering procedures
- Dealing with client enquiries in person and by telephone and email, making appointments, updating clients, coordinating fee earners diaries, providing costs updates and dealing with client billings
- Assisting in the document authentication department
- Meeting with clients and taking initial instructions on straightforward matters
- Complying with the firm’s and department’s policies and procedures
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong client care skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent audio typing skills and familiar with digital dictation
- Good IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented, enthusiastic, proactive and ambitious
- Adaptable and flexible
- Experience of working within a private client department of a law firm is essential
Salary is negotiable based on your level of experience, plus an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and covering letter to Brady Harvey Legal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All enquiries are strictly confidential.
Success To The Client Is Happiness In Your Work