What is Mediation?
Mediation as defined in law, is a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), a way of resolving disputes between two or more parties with the assistance of a mediator (an independent and neutral party) to negotiate a settlement and draw up a mediation agreement.
Benefits of Mediation
- Less daunting than appearing in Court before a judge
- Cheaper; cuts out the cost of court and admin fees as well as fees for your legal counsel.
- Less stressful; involves only the parties concerned and the mediator and sessions can take place at a mutually agreed location.
- Can be quicker depending on the parties ability to negotiate and reach a settlement.
- Mediations are completely confidential and the information discussed within them cannot be used in Court or in any other legal action issued at a later date
Types of Mediation
We currently offer Family Mediation but are happy to help you take the necessary steps in the right direction regarding your matter; do not hesitate to contact us today.