Our client is seeking a legal secretary to support their established and growing firm in Milton Keynes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secretarial duties include typing, digital dictation and dealing with documents and correspondence as directed by fee-earners.
- Drafting up standard forms and straightforward letters subject to those being checked by the fee earner.
- Set up new files accurately and speedily on instructions from fee-earners in accordance with the firm’s standard procedure as set out in the office manual.
- Attend to clients both on the telephone and in person and to take and record accurately any messages and pass the same on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay.
- Ensure that you are and remain aware of the standards and quality of work expected of you as set out in the firm’s manual and that you carry out your work in accordance with these; accurate and well presented, and is undertaken in accordance with the firm’s procedures and standards.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all practice and client’s documentation and information at all times both at work and outside.
- Use initiative in your work, keep your working practices under review and identify any changes which lead to an improvement in the quality or efficiency of your work.
- Undertake any other duties which may be required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidates must be competent with digital/audio typing, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Use of case management systems is an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise a significant workload, and keep calm under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a team player who is smart, confident and presentable.
Salary is negotiable based on your level of experience, plus an excellent benefits package.
If you match these criteria, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All enquiries are strictly confidential.
Success To The Client Is Happiness In Your Work